When looking for original place card ideas, one thing is always good to remember first – planning is the key!
Here are a few tips:
- make sure you have cards for every guest coming to share your special day, individually or within a family group
- make sure the names are properly spelled
- carefully choose the ‘company’ around each table
- number and place the tables in the best possible logical order
- ask at least two of the bridesmaids or groom’s men to meet the guests at the entrance of the reception venue and help them find their places
- allow the escort / place cards to be taken away as wedding souvenirs.
This all cleared, let’s talk about the design of the escort and wedding table place cards.
First off, it should be carefully created so as to match the global wedding theme, color palette and even the design of the table centerpieces. On many occasions the place cards are even masterfully incorporated in the decoration of the table itself, complemented by separate escort cards.
Another thing to consider is to have the table number plates and the escort/place cards made in the same design pattern. This will only add more stylish conformity to the reception venue decoration.
You can even choose to introduce slight differences in the design of the escort and place cards and the table number plates, like a “secret code” for the preliminary planned grouping of the guests around the particular tables.
Finally, the most important – make your wedding guests feel special by welcoming them to the reception venue with a warm smile and stylish escort and place cards.
Choose from this amazing collection of 20 wonderful escort and place card ideas for a beach wedding!