In love with beach weddings, we are starting a series of articles dedicated to the best beach wedding accents.
Having an accent in the wedding theme will ensure stylish presentation of both – the wedding venue décor, as well as the wedding stationery. And not only that! The chosen accent can successfully be incorporated in bridal accessories, jewelry and become an exquisite focal point of the bridal bouquet, too.
Tip: The chosen accent can be within the general wedding theme color palette or, on the contrary, be in a contrasting color, standing out like a precious gem.
Today in the spotlight is the starfish.
The starfish is probably one of the most beautiful, mysterious and captivating the imagination gifts of the sea. There’s something extremely delicate and elegant in its symmetry and colors, which makes this small item a perfect choice for a beach wedding theme accent.
Here are a few ideas of where and how you can use a starfish wedding accent.
1. In the wedding décor
- Feature natural starfish of various sizes and types in the wedding table centerpiece composition, in combination with pieces of fish net, rope, little tea light candles, green palm leaves and flowers, to set the perfect romantic mood.
- Use large starfish “knobs” to hold the wedding aisle decorative ribbons of airy tulle, as well as other similar elements such as ribbons or raffia braids, decorating the beach wedding ceremony arch, canopies, chairs, etc.
- Tie a piece of thin twine string around the table napkins and fasten it with a “knob” of a small starfish.
- Have your wedding toasting flutes adorned with a couple of delicate small starfish on a background of crystal glass and tiny blue and white pearls.
2. On wedding stationery
- Have a starfish as a decorative accent on your wedding invitations. It can be either printed, applied (glued) upon the paper, or used as a ‘knob’ holding the invitation decorative wrapping.
- Have the same accent / decoration on all the items of the wedding stationery suite – save the dates, ceremony programs, place cards, table numbers, dinner menus, thank you cards, etc.
3. In wedding favors
- Feature the starfish accent on your wedding guests’ little presents to thank them for sharing with you this special day.
- In case you have a Wedding Wish Tree, decorate the wish tags with a little starfish.
- The wedding favor itself can be a single beautiful starfish, decorated with a few pearls and a delicate ribbon or raffia.
4. In the wedding cake topper
- Starfish make the perfect beach wedding cake topper decoration.
- Use a couple of starfish as “Mr. and Mrs.” in the cake topper composition
- A more delicate thinner starfish can be beautifully engraved with crystals or pearls and top the cake topper.
5. In bridal accessories and jewelry
- Delicate and beautiful as it is, a starfish can be the perfect ornament in bridal accessories.
- Add a small starfish on the bride’s lace garter, adorned with delicate rhinestone and pearl beading.
- Starfish beaded barefoot sandals and anklets will perfectly match the beach bride wedding gown.
- Incorporate starfish decorative items into your bridal hairdo for a romantic mermaid look.
- Starfish-shaped crystals, pearls and gems can be beautifully incorporated in and onto the bride’s jewelry set – earrings, necklace, brooch, etc.
6. In the bridal bouquet
- Adding a starfish accent presents a fabulous opportunity to create a most original and unique bridal bouquet!
- A starfish decorative element can be added to a “traditional” flower bouquet, or into a bouquet composition made of artificial silk flowers.
- Beach bridal bouquets can be made entirely out of sea-themed ornaments. Such button/brooch bouquet compositions can be accented by a somewhat larger starfish item for a stunning result.